what is your day job and do you hate it with a passion O_O

I've been in retail for the past 5 years, somedays I like working in customer service other days, let's just say I'd rather be stuck at home in the office working on my channel full time! Hopefully in the near future that will be a possibility. Retail has taught me a lot of lessons in life.
 
CSR for directv. I have the worlds best supervisor that keeps me from losing my marbles when i get 30+ people calling me out of my name a day. Between unlimited time off and metrics I have an overall love hate relationship with my job.
 
I worked 23 years for the USPS and I never hated my job. Now when the the drive time was over 2 hours a day, that part I hated.
 
I talk on the phone all day during my day job.

But it's actually a night job. I work the grave shift (midnight to 8am). It's far from the worst job I've ever had. But I'd like to be able to stand up and walk around more. Ideally, I'd be able to work on video production for a living, and I'm trying to do just that. In the meantime, I'm going to keep doing this chit.
 
I am 19, I recently finished college and now I push Trollies just to get me some money for the time being, I mean I'd love to earn a living off of youtube because I love it, but I'm hoping to join the police in the next year or two unless youtube takes off for me
 
I tried working for someone else once and I hated it, so I became self-employed. It's hard to say what exactly my day job is because I do quite a few things, many of which I look more as profitable hobbies than actual 'jobs'.

Mainly, I work on my websites, writing articles, marketing the articles, sending emails to businesses etc. which is where most of my money comes from. I work on this for about 3-4 hours a day on average (mostly on weekends). Along with the site, I'm also writing a book related to the website's niche that I'm planning on selling, and I work on that whenever I feel in a creative mood.

Like all of us, I do spend a bit of time on YouTube and have a few channels, which makes an -ok- amount (mostly from affiliate sales and promotions rather than Adsense). I also use YouTube to generate traffic to my websites.

Whenever I get clients locally, I do freelance web design + consulting. On the side, I also work with local software developers to make more money from their applications (99% are mobile which is what I specialize in) and give general marketing advice.

Other income comes from investments, stock dividends, and residual affiliate sales.

Last, but not least, I'm in the process of forming a band and am excited to begin releasing my music into the world. I'm mainly a bass player, but I've been doing a lot of guitar playing at local parks with a friend, which can earn $100 or more on a good day. Hopefully this will increase when we actually have a full band! While I love and enjoy all the work that I do, this is by far my favorite.
 
I'm a contract video editor. I don't mind it, and it's great being able to be creative and not work in the traditional 9-5 kind of way, but self employment taxes are killer.

Ideally, I like to be able to work for myself and make enough money so I can have medical,dental and health insurance AND be able to take off days for vacation.

But, I'm not quite sure how it's all going to work out. #justhavefaith
 
I don't hate my job. I am decoding how human genes are working together so they make our cells and bodies work properly.
Actually I feel remorse that I spend too much time with YouTube. Anyway lately this amount of time decreases - the balance is important.
But in general I think that it is better to have lower payed but interesting job than highly payed but one that you hate or is too boring.
 
Back
Top