Videos Forum and Second Channel Update/Changes - Important!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even though I can't afford any of these packages yet I am happy that you did something that is bad for spammers but good for the community. I have experience in community management myself so I know those decisions are not easy but I think you are going in the right direction. Still I am happy that I shared my first milestone already and not trying to do it now (; . Hope that this change will bring you the spam fighting success you are looking for. Keep up the good work.

Even though I can't afford any of these packages yet I am happy that you did something that is bad for spammers but good for the community. I have experience in community management myself so I know those decisions are not easy but I think you are going in the right direction. Still I am happy that I shared my first milestone already and not trying to do it now (; . Hope that this change will bring you the spam fighting success you are looking for. Keep up the good work.
I do feel sorry for people like you who seem to be trustworthy and not one to abuse these privileges, but in the long run it will help even you. Because when you DO get enough cash to promote, the promotion center will actually BENEFIT YOU. It's gotten to the point now I haven't even been putting my videos in there cause everyone's posting and no one's watching.

Just out of curiosity as a new user.. I was using the Gaming forum to promote myself and whatnot, how is it that I will be able to build up to the $50 YTCash to be able to post my videos and replies in the forum that relates to me again? Or what should I be doing to build up more cash? Thanks.

Just out of curiosity as a new user.. I was using the Gaming forum to promote myself and whatnot, how is it that I will be able to build up to the $50 YTCash to be able to post my videos and replies in the forum that relates to me again? Or what should I be doing to build up more cash? Thanks.

The best way to earn forum cash is by posting, you earn 1 cash per post over 60 characters and 2 per new thread :) To earn more some people offer their graphic services etc but that isnt something everyone can do, the majority of people just take part by being active and they get the cash for VIP or for the access package.

More power to you Michael.Reddit's r/letsplay (the closest thing that I've found on Reddit for YouTube creators) Has no limitations or prerequisites for being allowed to post your videos except that you can only post once a week and you can't directly link to your video. This leaves Reddit's r/letsplay to be a sea of channel promos and almost no discussion whatsoever. I just checked it and on average there's 5 video promos for ever discussion; and that's not taking into account that some of those discussions only have >5 comments and some are just thinly veiled promos. I've been there for 1/3 of a year and there's almost never any good discussion going on unless someone famous like Northernloin (who actually is a regular member who critiques and comments) or Markiplier (who did and AMA I think) drops in.

decent idea mike though i dont think users got a TON of promotion from that actual section of the forums but rather be safe than sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back