George Vanous CEO of Freedom drama opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.
The last couple days has been a little crazy with all mixed up statements, rumors, lies and quite frankly CEO's acting like little kids. I believe george's comments, threads, videos and all of the both about networks and everything else your all fighting about was taken the wrong way.
You seem to be pretty unbiased, and I definitely will not fault you for that. As far as mixed up statements, rumors and lies are concerned, I can see why the CEOs of all the networks would be angry. If you're involved in any type of network management right now, you would be seeing the type of headaches that George Vanous has caused.

George Vanous has a "template" email that he tells all of his "potential partners" to send to their network if they can't get out of their locked in contract, something along the lines of the "spirit of the contract has been breached."

I've had subnetwork after subnetwork solicit me, even when they know that I am a happy partner with RPM. They say something along the lines of "I know your partner with RPM, but since your affiliated, RPM must not care about you… Join Freedom and be Free!"

I see a lot of you speaking towards george in not a nice way. Who has ever worked with george or ever talked to george. Would tell you he is one of the most nicest people in the world. Your all trashing freedom when freedom is the only network that is helping you and not taking all your channels revenue.
I have worked with George, quite a few years ago now, but I have worked with him. Anyone that has extensive experience with George will understand the distinction between him being "nice" and him being charismatic. George Vanous is a very charismatic person, but he is actually not a very nice one. He will tell you anything you want to hear in order to get you to sign a contract.
Like most Ponzi scheme or network marketing salesman, he will promise the world by saying tons of things and when you actually look at what he saying, it turns out not to be anything of substance at all. He is a dishonest person that twists the truth so it sounds good on paper when he is trying to pitch it to.

His biggest selling point to freedom that is of substance is the fact that he's giving away managed positions in the network. In fact one of his slogans on his main website reads "be 'managed' not 'affiliated'." At some point though he's going to be forced to set people to affiliated, and easy been hinted at the fact that he's going to have to do this… So his main selling point is a bit of a farce.

The discussion and sharing of opinions are welcome here, when it starts getting personal with insults and digs at participating members that is where we end up drawing the line with it continuing after leaving a note in the thread.
I can imagine you probably mean me, and that's okay. Things got hot and I take complete responsibility for it. It can just get extremely frustrating when you're dealing with the army of yes-men that George likes to surround himself with.
 
I do also have an issue with the consistently underage network operators.
I thought it wasn't legal to hire someone 14 or under, not in my country anyhow :p and it's something like for a max of 4 hours a day at 15
 
I thought it wasn't legal to hire someone 14 or under, not in my country anyhow :p and it's something like for a max of 4 hours a day at 15

I don't think that it's a labour law issue anywhere. There are always parental consent laws which give exceptions to those sorts of things and working your choice of hours for essentially commission won't be protected by law. The VN's would need parental consent to sign their VN agreement anyways.

My primary issue is that they are the ones getting people to sign contracts. Yes, the contracts are emailed and hosted by the MCN in almost all cases, but it's still nebulous when the one who hands you the contract wouldn't be old enough to sign it without mom or dad present. MCN's taking on underage VN operators is a simple indication of there not being enough people of age who want the job. The younger operators are also more impressionable and buy into the BS more readily.
 
My primary issue is that they are the ones getting people to sign contracts. Yes, the contracts are emailed and hosted by the MCN in almost all cases, but it's still nebulous when the one who hands you the contract wouldn't be old enough to sign it without mom or dad present. MCN's taking on underage VN operators is a simple indication of there not being enough people of age who want the job. The younger operators are also more impressionable and buy into the BS more readily.

Not all young network owners are bad :p :D
 
Not all young network owners are bad :p :D

Not claiming that they are. I have spoken with a few exceptions. I find the level of maturity in most to be wanting, and they are generally awful debaters, but my issue is not with the operators. It's with the MCN's hiring young kids with the same false promises and b******t used to sign YouTube channels. I'm willing to bet that less than 10% of all under 18 VN operators actually understand their VN contract let alone the channel contract they're getting other people to sign. That is absolutely unconscionable.

It is worth mentioning that Freedom is not alone in this one. But since this is a Freedom thread, I thought it worthy of a mention as a flaw.
 
Not claiming that they are. I have spoken with a few exceptions. I find the level of maturity in most to be wanting, and they are generally awful debaters, but my issue is not with the operators. It's with the MCN's hiring young kids with the same false promises and b******t used to sign YouTube channels. I'm willing to bet that less than 10% of all under 18 VN operators actually understand their VN contract let alone the channel contract they're getting other people to sign. That is absolutely unconscionable.

It is worth mentioning that Freedom is not alone in this one. But since this is a Freedom thread, I thought it worthy of a mention as a flaw.
It's not just the VNs, not alot of Freedom staff seem to know what they're on about either..
 
Not all young network owners are bad :p :D
Not all young network owners are bad. You are correct about that. But with my experience with youth network owners. Most of the lack that full maturity that it's required. Don't get me wrong. Even big shot's CEO's are immature at times. But youths do still have a lot to learn. You can't stop learning in this platform.[DOUBLEPOST=1389390871,1389390819][/DOUBLEPOST]
I thought it wasn't legal to hire someone 14 or under, not in my country anyhow :p and it's something like for a max of 4 hours a day at 15

In Canada the working age is 12 but I do not like hiring anyone under the age of 16.[DOUBLEPOST=1389391066][/DOUBLEPOST]I have to say thank you very much don't turning this thread into drama or gossip. You all stated your opinions and thoughts in a mature level. That you everyone for not letting my thread turn into something that I didn't want to happen. :D
 
Lets see here

Neno64 always making George look bad [check]
Tarmack always stating his opinion [check]

Not these type of threads again!!!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top