Best time to upload and other strategies?

Hadi

Hey guys, I just joined the forum, because I thought you guys seem pretty cool. You all seem experienced in YouTube, and I'd really like it if I can have some advice when it comes to YouTube and growth.

I've had a channel for less than a month, and I'm at around 86 subscribers. My videos usually average around 100 views, and I think that's really good, considering I've been on YouTube for around a month. However, I'm struggling to find the perfect timing(s) to upload my videos, because I noticed that I don't get much views the first few hours after my upload.

Also, what can I do if I live in an area (Dubai) where there isn't much YouTubers I could collaborate with? How could I reach out to more people?

Oh, and by the way, I just had my first 2 dislikes, ever. YAY!

Perhaps you could take a look at your analytics when you upload a new video, watch what time of day is getting the highest ramp up of views, then schedule your uploads to become public around that time. It can sometimes be as simple as finding patterns in your viewer activity and making sure that your content is right there for them at the right time.

At first I tried to upload on different days and times to see what would work best for me and when my viewers watched and it was all over the place. They I took a look at my analytics page and specifically the real time to see when viewers were watching and it was a little more clear. I would suggest that. Once you get in a rhythm your viewers will remember and know what days you upload so they can look forward to that. Just play around with it! :) good luck!

Just try not to upload at weird times when people could be sleeping. Nothing worse than getting woken up by your phone at 3am :) Not that you can help with all the time zones around but I'm sure you can find a happy medium.

After checking my realtime views, I found the perfect timing and schedule. Thanks!

I've got one more question. Is it true that YouTube places you in the algorithm once you hit 100 subs? Because I'm at 94 and if that's true, I'm psyched! :D

After checking my realtime views, I found the perfect timing and schedule. Thanks!

I've got one more question. Is it true that YouTube places you in the algorithm once you hit 100 subs? Because I'm at 94 and if that's true, I'm psyched! :D
You are already in algorithm, but it's weak. The more better you are the more algorithm geting stronger :)

Take a look at the collaboration thread on the forums. That could help.
Also, take a look at the analytics on your video's it will show you exacty where you're getting the most views from.
If it's a place like UK, have a look at uploading at whatever time you think is best for that country. I usually find it's about 7pm.
You can also see what age range your viewers are so you could appeal to students after school or adults after work.

Go to analytics, then to realtime analytics. On the left you'll see the views you've got over the last 48 hours. Look around for a peak time when you got the most views. Mouse over that time, that's your peak time.

Derral Eves suggests releasing videos 3 hours before your peak time in order to get the most views. I've been doing this for a while now (I actually have two peak times, separated by a few hours, so I release my videos 3 hours before the first) and it's been working well for me :)

Back