Why do the majority of the people on here barely have subscribers?

I like the website because Youtube is what ties everyone together here but so many people here do such different things on Youtube. Comedy skits, blogs, music etc- and it's really cool seeing all these different perspectives and personalities collaborating and talking. It's very clique breaking in a lot of ways.

Well said m'lord, well said. Have a like :)
 
YouTube has turned into a business of sorts. There's no denying that. Bringing up the fact that people become overzealous about stats and begin to lose focus may annoy some people but I believe I'm correct in insinuating that.

When you're so concerned with becoming large that you're creating videos about topics you couldn't care less about only because they're relevant at the moment, or trying to be derivative of other big YouTubers...that shows. It's not natural!

Be you. Be original. Take a chance and create content that will pique people's interest. That is what usually goes 'viral' and becomes important later on in time. That's the secret answer that you're all looking for.

I wish this were true, but in my experience it's not. Now don't get me wrong, I DO agree that people can tell when you're doing things you're not interested in and you should never jump on a bandwagon just to do it. But that's why I think you find the middle ground, you find those topics that will get you views and either think of a way to spin them in which you ARE interested in something you don't care about, or you just search until you find something you already were interested in.

Just like how I didn't care about the PS4 Xbox thing, I decided to research it to see if I could learn to care and I DID. I found it crazy what the Xbox one people tried to do with their system and epic how PS4 pwned them. This put my real emotions into something I didn't originally think I cared about, I made a song about it and it got about 5 times the views I usually get and landed me about 10 new subs. So you gotta kinda do both, you can't just make videos about whatever random stuff pops in your head and expect to gain alot of traffic quickly, but you can't make content your heart isn't in and expect that either. Well the traffic yes, but the audience no.

That's why you should be thinking of ways to either become more interested in the trending world, or figure out which part of the trending world you are already interested in. Then there's cornering a niche but that seems difficult to figure out which niches will work/not work.
 
That's why you should be thinking of ways to either become more interested in the trending world, or figure out which part of the trending world you are already interested in. Then there's cornering a niche but that seems difficult to figure out which niches will work/not work.

As a 20-year old in 2013 I'm completely aware of what's 'in' and current. That's fine. But, it takes more than that to gain subscribers. Sure, if you make a video about the top trending topic on Twitter you may get a few more views than usual but who really cares. You have to be unique, interesting, and bring something new to the table. The 'random' and spontaneous things are usually what catch on in a big way.

YouTube is about finding your niche. There's a audience for everything on that site and that's what makes it great. The fact you can connect with people that love the same thing you do. It shouldn't have to become this stat-obsessed machine.

Everyone has their own path I suppose.
 
As a 20-year old in 2013 I'm completely aware of what's 'in' and current. That's fine. But, it takes more than that to gain subscribers. Sure, if you make a video about the top trending topic on Twitter you may get a few more views than usual but who really cares. You have to be unique, interesting, and bring something new to the table. The 'random' and spontaneous things are usually what catch on in a big way.

YouTube is about finding your niche. There's a audience for everything on that site and that's what makes it great. The fact you can connect with people that love the same thing you do. It shouldn't have to become this stat-obsessed machine.

Everyone has their own path I suppose.

but that's kind of what I'm saying. It's like an equation. Amazing and uniquely done video about a frisbee? = 200 views + 20 more subscribers. Normal average run of the mill video about justin beiber's new haircut? = 2000 views + 5 more subscribers. Amazing and uniquely done video about justin beiber's new haircut? = 5,000 views plus 100 new subscribers.

Obviously I pulled these numbers out of my a** but I'm just saying that the trending topics get you the views, doing something amazing and unique with them get you the audience. I mean stef... I've been doing some pretty unique and creative high quality bizarre vlogs for well over a year. The one about naughty bits is still sitting at 2oo views, the one about rainbow dash has over 2000.
 
Personally, I have 1,050 subscribers. I've recently joined as well. This forum may not be some insane instant growth potion for your channel, but it is a great resource for other reasons. I've asked questions on here, and have gotten very helpful answers. People have given me ideas and support, and there are always helpful tips laying around :).
 
Personally, I have 1,050 subscribers. I've recently joined as well. This forum may not be some insane instant growth potion for your channel, but it is a great resource for other reasons. I've asked questions on here, and have gotten very helpful answers. People have given me ideas and support, and there are always helpful tips laying around :).

Yes this is the most important thing to remember. We're a SUPPORT team and a COMMUNITY.
 
If you were a big youtuber would you hang out here? Probably not. There are some exceptions but it seems to me big youtubers stick together and don't typically hang around smaller channels.
 
Back
Top