Video Editing Computers.

To be honest with you, I would go as far as saying 6GB is fine for the next few years. 16GB is far overkill I have never seen use above 5GB so that says it all![DOUBLEPOST=1358688474,1358688397][/DOUBLEPOST]

That's a little too old, I would say a 400 serious Nvida card would suit you will, cheap as chips right now!
It`s is not the first number that counts, its the second 2, a 260 is better than a 440...[DOUBLEPOST=1358688654][/DOUBLEPOST]
To be honest with you, I would go as far as saying 6GB is fine for the next few years. 16GB is far overkill I have never seen use above 5GB so that says it all![DOUBLEPOST=1358688474,1358688397][/DOUBLEPOST]

That's a little too old, I would say a 400 serious Nvida card would suit you will, cheap as chips right now!
Maya easily uses 16GB while rendering, I`m thinking of upgrading to 24GB, but for gaming any more than 8GB is overkill.

It`s is not the first number that counts, its the second 2, a 260 is better than a 440...[DOUBLEPOST=1358688654][/DOUBLEPOST]
Maya easily uses 16GB while rendering, I`m thinking of upgrading to 24GB, but for gaming any more than 8GB is overkill.

That's incorrect, you are forgetting about GPU architectural features such as the chip, it's clock, heat, he might not have a lot of power so a 4 series will do him better than a 2 series.

That's incorrect, you are forgetting about GPU architectural features such as the chip, it's clock, heat, he might not have a lot of power so a 4 series will do him better than a 2 series.
Yea I know there is some differences but overall the difference between the 2 series and the 4 wasn`t that big, If hes going for a good card the 5/6 is the way to go.

This wasn't too dear, but its good enough performance for a good few years anyway :)

CPU: Intel Quad Core i5 3570k 3.4GHz OC'ed to 4.6 Max
Motherboard: Asus Z7787-X
RAM: 16Gb 1600MHz Dual DDR3
Graphics Card: Nvidia 2Gb Geforce GTX 650 Ti
Power Supply: 650W (Can't remember the make)
Any Other comments: InWin Black Dragon Rider Case, Logitech K200 Keyboard, Logitech B110 Mouse, HDD 2Tb Seagate internal (I am going to install another 2Tb that I took out of my external, and then my 320Gb Laptop HDD too)

As far as the 16Gb goes, I've used about 8 quite a lot, so I feel its useful for me, as I dedicate more RAM to improve game performance even more, plus the overkill means it runs smoother :)

@Shane.Vultra I will be upgrading soon enough, I have always had a preference for ATI cards, I probably will try an Nvidia for a change, the last one I had was the 8800GT :D

@TheMajorgibly I will stick with the 6gb, I would only ever upgrade it if I had a ton of spare cash :D

This wasn't too dear, but its good enough performance for a good few years anyway :)

CPU: Intel Quad Core i5 3570k 3.4GHz OC'ed to 4.6 Max
Motherboard: Asus Z7787-X
RAM: 16Gb 1600MHz Dual DDR3
Graphics Card: Nvidia 2Gb Geforce GTX 650 Ti
Power Supply: 650W (Can't remember the make)
Any Other comments: InWin Black Dragon Rider Case, Logitech K200 Keyboard, Logitech B110 Mouse, HDD 2Tb Seagate internal (I am going to install another 2Tb that I took out of my external, and then my 320Gb Laptop HDD too)

As far as the 16Gb goes, I've used about 8 quite a lot, so I feel its useful for me, as I dedicate more RAM to improve game performance even more, plus the overkill means it runs smoother :)

Nice little rig you have there, it will last you for the next few years I would think.

Back