Owlins
YTtalk Mad
This is THE best explanation on how Reddit works so far. I've tried to post some videos on there and the ones that were allowed got quite some views fast.Aloha.
I just want to give some very quick advice for growing YouTubers: use reddit (but use it correctly). My post for reference is /r/hardware/comments/3snu6n/rosewill_neutron_review_miniitx_case_for_3999/
I restarted Youtube and uploaded my first video two days ago. Yesterday, I posted it to reddit. After getting 70 upvotes, I gained 5 new subscribers and now the video has almost 500 views and 10 likes.
So, like I said: use reddit. Just make sure you follow these guidelines:
I know there is a long reddit tutorial, but I wanted to do a small TL;DR from the eyes of a smaller YouTuber. REMEMBER: Half of YouTube is promotion.
- Post to a smaller sub-reddit (like under 150K subscribers) - I posted my video in /r/hardware with 80K subs
- Don't spam - make your video a supplement. My reddit post is a long text based review and I linked my video as an OPTION for people to watch if they wanted. Don't make your video the primary, but the secondary.
- If you are not reviewing something, make sure the caption or title is captivating. Don't post "Fallout 4 Walkthrough Part 14"...redditers don't like that. Instead, if there is a funny part in your video, link that time stamp and make the title something interesting.
- Another way to go about posting - use gifs:
- Post to many sub-reddits (if you know what you're doing). (Only do this if someone told you that you should crossover your post, or if you know what you're doing) I currently posted to 3 sub-reddits including /r/hardware and am getting positive feedback. Usually, someone will tell you to cross your post over to another sub-reddit if it is good.
![]()
But posting a piece of explanatory text and possible a timestamp of your video is actually a way better idea. I'm trying this as soon as I get the chance.
You need to have a good standing as well of course, but a little activity goes a long way I've noticed.
