Some People Missing the point of Youtube, Entirely.

YouTube is like beauty, in the eye of the beholder. I don't like being told what YouTube should be or mean to me. Yeah, maybe it should be that way for YOU. As long as people are following the rules, it can be whatever they want it to be. The stuff I don't like I avoid..

I run my channel the way I like to run it. Personally I do it because I enjoy it and I love helping get people in the kitchen cooking, on another level I love it so much I would rather do it full time that working in a hot, sweaty, fast paced commercial kitchen cooking the same dishes over and over and over again.

That's what YouTube is to me. If to someone else it's all about business, hey good for them and I hope it works out. If it's a just a purely creative outlet for someone, do your thing. If it's a place to vent your frustrations with the world, rock on. If it's your spot just to goof off, goof off then, player. As long as the rules are followed, and I leave that up to YouTube to decide, go for it.

1. It's fun
2. I absolutely love helping people
3. Hopefully I'll be able to make a good living off of it so I can keep doing 1 and 2

Live and let live
Word. This is really well said.
 
I agree, BUT at the same time, since now that money is involved with it, people would like to get paid making videos. I don't think it's a bad thing, but it's just the wrong intentions and usually those people don't make it because well.... they don't have a passion for it. The people who "make it" are those who genuinely love to make videos (well, I think so anyway).
 
Hi Guys, Rails here. :)

So I was on Youtube browsing some videos and I have officially had it with People superficially promoting their stuff in comments Section as if Youtube was a place you go to do business, there seem to be more and more of these people, any video I view will have at least 2 guys in the Visible comments Section advertising themselves. Now I could turn this into a rant about comment advertising but thats not what annoys me. Its the reason why people are advertising so much in the first place. People are getting desperate for views and subscribers, it is becoming the only goal people have for their Youtube Channels. And that I think is the sad thing.

What is the purpose of Youtube?

Now this will vary from person to person but I believe at its core Youtube is: An environment where people can share what they enjoy doing with others and build a community of peers and friends that enjoy similar content.

And yet for so many people this doesn't seem to be the case, people are uploading because they want views not because they enjoy it, and to further their views they post blatant, superficial and promotional comments on other people's videos. This concerns me because this is becoming more and more prevalent, and It would be a real shame if in 10 years Youtube has become a place where you go just to try make money. I personally want to subscribe to Youtubers that have a passion for Youtube, that even if lets say they have a series and their latest video only gets 50 views they will still continue it because they are enjoying it and for those 50 people that took the time to watch what they had created, and the joy they can attain from that. Because when someone truly enjoys something it is almost guaranteed you will enjoy watching them do it.

Sub4Subbers:

Now Sub4subbers...These guys are the worst, no offense to anyone who has done it a few times (sometimes you get desperate), but this is for those who do it on a large scale.

Subscribers are the people who enjoy and watch your videos, they are essentially this "community" you build that I mentioned in the sectioin above. They are the people you enjoy and share content with. So why? Would you build a subscriber base that completely disregards your videos, have no appreciation for what you do and are only on Youtube for the Subs? How can that be enjoyable? How can you build a passion for Youtube in this way. This completely goes against the point of Youtube as a whole and I really hope we see a decline in this, although this is unlikely, because most Sub4subbers are desperate, and they are desperate because no-one gives them a chance on Youtube.

There are definitely a lot of great Youtubers out there, especially on this forum, but I just feel that slowly but surely Youtube is becoming more like a business. And I feel that if everyone tries their hardest and really motivates themselves to make videos out of passion, interest and enjoyment then the Youtube community will only get better. ;)

Asking for feedback and a friendly "Hey I'm new and I was wondering if you had any advice/feedback" is fine by me, but it is really getting out of hand.

So ye, just my opinion on the subject, I personally am really enjoying the Youtube Community so far and I really want everyone to enjoy it as well.

-Rails
Very VERY valid points.
 
Back
Top