Slideshow. Can this type of video be monetize ?

nitefly12

Hello everyone,

My friend recently started a travel channel on youtube and his pattern is relatively simple. It is a photo slideshow with informative text and music.
Italy Top 3 Best and Most Beautiful Places to Visit - YouTube

All his photos and music are taken on sites such as pexels, unsplash and youtube audio library. The text on the other hand was made by himself.
I told him that I wasn't sure it could be monetizable but he think it is.

We looked at the policies of youtube and on google together and it is not clear. Some people say yes, others no.
On youtube policies it says:

Content that violates this guideline

• Image slideshows or scrolling text with minimal or no narrative, commentary, or educational value

Despite the simplicity of his videos, he takes a lot of time to create and profile them. I mean, it is some kind of a creation isn't ?
There are some educational value in the videos.

I would like to know if this kind of content is monetizable once and for all because I was thinking of starting a similar channel with another subject. And is there a problem with this kind of videos with using free copyright contents like it's reused stuff ?

If instead of photos we pay and sign up for a video footages stock website, would that be good ? Always in the optic of adding educational text on the videos. We are not very good speaking english, our accent is pretty bad. So commenting is not something we would do. Maybe people would find this funny but music is something we really like.

Thanks a lot !

Last edited:
Back