Made Google front page but video is not getting the views I thought it would

Hey guys posted a new video today decided to go all out with seo optimization. The video made the front page on google search for a small channel like me that's a great achievement but the video has not received the number of views that I thought it would can someone please explain or am I just trying to jump the gun a bit to quick
 
You are really making it hard for us to help you.
I checked your channel and the sentence you searched for in google for your newest video was probably "PC Xbox and PS4 buying guide for 2017".
I can tell you why you don´t get as much views as you hoped. Because nobody searches the term.
If 100 people search the term today, which is a generous estimate for such a specific term, maybe 10 of them click on your video.
With 56 views at 5 hours online, 22 subs and 2 reddit post about its not performing bad, but i guess the reddit post will pull more views than this specific tag.
And the next time let us know your search term, would have saved me some time :)[DOUBLEPOST=1482864791,1482864693][/DOUBLEPOST]Tip : Use the tag "most anticipated games 2017" or "new game releases coming out 2017"
Still pretty specific, but used way more often than your tag
 
You are really making it hard for us to help you.
I checked your channel and the sentence you searched for in google for your newest video was probably "PC Xbox and PS4 buying guide for 2017".
I can tell you why you don´t get as much views as you hoped. Because nobody searches the term.
If 100 people search the term today, which is a generous estimate for such a specific term, maybe 10 of them click on your video.
With 56 views at 5 hours online, 22 subs and 2 reddit post about its not performing bad, but i guess the reddit post will pull more views than this specific tag.
And the next time let us know your search term, would have saved me some time :)[DOUBLEPOST=1482864791,1482864693][/DOUBLEPOST]Tip : Use the tag "most anticipated games 2017" or "new game releases coming out 2017"
Still pretty specific, but used way more often than your tag
Actually searched for games buying guide for 2017 not exactly the name of my video but pretty close. Thanks for the advice will change it.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_2786.PNG
    IMG_2786.PNG
    818.2 KB · Views: 2
My personal experience with SEO optimisation is that it creates slower but steadier viewership rather than immediate results. Direct promotion on places like Reddit and Twitter will give you more immediate viewership if you promote the video well.
 
Hey guys posted a new video today decided to go all out with seo optimization. The video made the front page on google search for a small channel like me that's a great achievement but the video has not received the number of views that I thought it would can someone please explain or am I just trying to jump the gun a bit to quick


I've moved your thread to the review / feedback forum. :) Please note that the review forum is the only forum where members can ask for feedback on their videos and channel (including artwork). We like to keep this sort of thread out of the main forums. :)

Good luck.

To answer your question: Well getting to the front page doesn't mean much in itself. It depends on how many are searching for that particular keyword or phrase. Example, I bet I could get to the frontpage for "How to boil a pink cardboard box without sneezing". In fact I bet I could get ranked number one but that won't bring me much traffic if nobody is searching for that term. That was an extreme example obviously but you get my point. :)
 
Actually searched for games buying guide for 2017 not exactly the name of my video but pretty close. Thanks for the advice will change it.
That might actually pull you a reasonable amount of viewers. But i this search term will get used througout the whole year 2017 - you will slowly get views. Thats why for some youtube channels one video still pulls half their monthly views after 3 month - it´s still relevant then.
 
Back
Top