Looking to improve the audience retention on my art videos. Thank you!

TheWiseMan

Hello All!

I've made a graphic design speed art after a four year break on my channel! I'd really love to hear some constructive criticism on what I might be able to do to make my content more engaging. From thumbnail and title to the actual content of my video, I'd love to hear your suggestions. I've posted a link to the speed art below. Again, hold back no punches!

Self review: I think the quality of my video is fairly high, but the issue is that it's a speed art. After around a minute into the video, my audience tends to stop watching. Also, is the thumbnail eye grabbing? Not really sure what I should do to improve it. It's my first video after 4 years, so I'm not getting any views... but hopefully that'll change xD. Primarily, I'm looking to increase my engagement. I think making tutorials instead of speed arts will improve engagement, but otherwise what can I do to stop people from clicking away?

I'd be happy to talk more about my target audience and the content I'm making. Thanks!

Alright for me: I enjoyed the layout of the video, as the music really helps to add to the content here and the art is beautiful itself.

Some things that I might suggest would be choosing to do some speed art on some characters within the themes anime, shows, cartoons, or whatever demographic fits within your style as I think there would always be an audience for it. There was one point in the beginning of the videowhere you asked to subscribe and all that, which there’s nothing wrong with, but it had got in the way of the art which can turn some people off. Lastly, the music layout meaning the waves can sometimes be distracting.

however, I did enjoy it though and wish you the best of luck!

Back