Looking to buy my daughter video/audio equipment

That's very supportive of you as a mom. I remember starting out with a really crap setup and being laughed at by my friends when i was trying to start.

Well everything is included, except the mike stand, pop filter, and the video stuff.
Yes, I try to support my daughter in every way I can. She is a very talented singer and actor.

So in addition to the bundle I would need a good USB camera, a mike stand and Sony Pro Vegas software?

What is a pop filter? And how do you deal with background noise?
 
Yes, I try to support my daughter in every way I can. She is a very talented singer and actor.

So in addition to the bundle I would need a good USB camera, a mike stand and Sony Pro Vegas software?

What is a pop filter? And how do you deal with background noise?

Not a USB camera, just a standard camera that takes video. Then you tranfer the video file from the camera to the computer. A mike stand would be good, and any video software would be good too. Tbh i torrented my sony software off, which may be unethical but... yeah.

A pop filter is the black thing you see in front of condenser mikes to ensure no 'popping' occurs in the track, due to like, spit or wind or whatever. Oh and you could soundproof your room, which i don't do./
 
Not a USB camera, just a standard camera that takes video. Then you tranfer the video file from the camera to the computer. A mike stand would be good, and any video software would be good too. Tbh i torrented my sony software off, which may be unethical but... yeah.

A pop filter is the black thing you see in front of condenser mikes to ensure no 'popping' occurs in the track, due to like, spit or wind or whatever. Oh and you could soundproof your room, which i don't do./
Great. Thank you very much for all your help Nic. I love your channel and videos. You are very talented.[DOUBLEPOST=1410528436,1410528384][/DOUBLEPOST]
Logic Pro X (software), Shure Microphones, and in terms of camera, they can be found by doing research. I don't really know cameras, I just know a lot about recording :)
Thank you very much Will. I check into your suggestions.
 
For camera i'd say Canon 7D and for software i'd suggest Premiere Pro. However this camera and software cost quite some money but the quality is on point. And thats just my opinion. Also that cameras build-in microphone is quite decent but if shes not satisfied with the audio quality you can always buy external microphone that plugs into the camera.

A low budged pick i'd suggest Toshiba camileo x400 thats a camcorder and Camtasia Studio for a software. Keep in mind i've had this camera and the volume of the microphone is very low so you'd have to adjust the volume much louder within the software you would normally edit your videos.
 
For camera i'd say Canon 7D and for software i'd suggest Premiere Pro. However this camera and software cost quite some money but the quality is on point. And thats just my opinion. Also that cameras build-in microphone is quite decent but if shes not satisfied with the audio quality you can always buy external microphone that plugs into the camera.

A low budged pick i'd suggest Toshiba camileo x400 thats a camcorder and Camtasia Studio for a software. Keep in mind i've had this camera and the volume of the microphone is very low so you'd have to adjust the volume much louder within the software you would normally edit your videos.

I'd respectfully disagree. For the audio, you should always get a separate setup, not a built in or camera mike. It's different, you get to play around with mixing the vocals and struments and plugging in stuff as well.
 
I'd respectfully disagree. For the audio, you should always get a separate setup, not a built in or camera mike. It's different, you get to play around with mixing the vocals and struments and plugging in stuff as well.
It depends on what videos she wants to do. If its music based like recording song covers ofcours. I'd go with a quality DSLR camera and some high quality studio mic like shure sm7b or soemthing that also requires amp and mixer then pop filter and mic stand. But honestly for her age and just starting youtube i would pick that much later. I'd just buy a good DSLR and film myself singing covers and edit them in like Premiere Pro.
 
It depends on what videos she wants to do. If its music based like recording song covers ofcours. I'd go with a quality DSLR camera and some high quality studio mic like shure sm7b or soemthing that also requires amp and mixer then pop filter and mic stand. But honestly for her age and just starting youtube i would pick that much later. I'd just buy a good DSLR and film myself singing covers and edit them in like Premiere Pro.
Good points Alex. She is young but I always like to purchase things with the future in mind. I'll check out prices and decide which way to go. Thank you very much for taking time to help me out. I appreciate it.
 
I don't know your child personally and how long/how much experience she has making youtube videos. If you have limited equipment such as a laptop or a point and shoot camera I would hold off on buying quality equipment. Have her try to make what she can with what she has. This teaches problem solving and making the best out of a tough situation. This way when you get quality equipment she can truly appreciate it and also be more than ready to use them. She'll also have had a lot of practice before hand.

A similar situation is with Lego sets if you're familiar with them haha. Nowadays kids are spoiled with the premade sets and haven't had the opportunity or desire to free play with random bricks. I grew up with just a tub of 1000s or so bricks and I had lots of fun and hours trying to figure out how to make what I wanted. When I finally got to make a set with directions (many years later) I was blown away by how complicated it was (instructions were easy, but final product was amazing).

So I don't know your child and where she's at, but this is just what I think. Hope you guys have a fun and productive experience.
 
I don't know your child personally and how long/how much experience she has making youtube videos. If you have limited equipment such as a laptop or a point and shoot camera I would hold off on buying quality equipment. Have her try to make what she can with what she has. This teaches problem solving and making the best out of a tough situation. This way when you get quality equipment she can truly appreciate it and also be more than ready to use them. She'll also have had a lot of practice before hand.

A similar situation is with Lego sets if you're familiar with them haha. Nowadays kids are spoiled with the premade sets and haven't had the opportunity or desire to free play with random bricks. I grew up with just a tub of 1000s or so bricks and I had lots of fun and hours trying to figure out how to make what I wanted. When I finally got to make a set with directions (many years later) I was blown away by how complicated it was (instructions were easy, but final product was amazing).

So I don't know your child and where she's at, but this is just what I think. Hope you guys have a fun and productive experience.
Very good point Luceroboy. She doesn't have any experience at all making youtube videos. Something I'll have to think about. Thank you.
 
And how do you deal with background noise?
We have a small room in our basement that has no ductwork and a small glass block window, and the previous owner lined the walls with 1" styrofoam as insulation. It makes a great soundproof room for voicework.
 
Back
Top