"It's Getting Harder to Make Money on YouTube"

Interesting article. I think the age-old concept is still in YouTube's favor though. Wherever there are millions (and billions) of eyeballs watching, advertisers will be interested. So if you are creating content that brings eyeballs to the screen (and yes, that is for you artists and altruistic people out there who say they don't care about the $$, only helping others), then I'm sure the ad $$ will always be there. For those who say never make YouTube your career, they must be the ones who aren't doing it anyway. I'm a full-time creator and making more than I ever have in my life as a college degreed professional who quit his job for this silly little thing. And I have more time to spend with my kids than ever before. And I've only just begun. If you can dream it and if you have determination and smarts with perhaps a pinch of luck, you can crank this YouTube thing.

Thanks buckforester. That's both amazing to hear and really inspiring!

(Also, Sidewalk Cops is a lot of fun!)
 
I used to make videos for fun and nothing else, but I'm too accustomed to making money from them. If ads disappeared, I doubt I'd keep going because it'd make more sense to put time into getting a job or doing something else online. Spending hours every week on uploading/creating to not make a profit at that moment as well as in the future, ever, wouldn't be worth the effort for me.
 
Back
Top