Gaming I have an Opportunity for you to grow your audience

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey David,
Well you have got quite a good proposition here. I am fine with doing reviews and gameplay(s). I am quite interested in these things and I feel good about doing reviews for dev.
PS I am myself a developer.
Regards
Ray
 
Great, both the game developer and myself are happy for you to create a video. We will ensure that your video is promoted on our social media accounts once it is complete. Do you need anything else before you start creating the video? Thanks
Hello, do you have skype or an email where we can continue on privately? Thanks
 
This sounds and looks like a scam to me. I hope the people who are responding to this are making sure to take care and not give personal information away to some guy on the internet claiming to be able to "help you grow your channel with my 20+ years experience in this industry" notice that he has not mentioned anything about himself not even the name of his company or any of his so-called"partners" . I will admit I don't have proof of any wrong doing but it smells fishy to me.
 
I will do a gameplay reaction presentation video if that's okay. Can I get a file on raw gameplay footage? Is there gameplay footage available on YouTube? I can't record gameplay off Android or the platform.

Sounds good! Unfortunately we cannot post links on this forum, but if you type in Shoujo Sniper into YouTube there are two videos with gameplay. Does this help?[DOUBLEPOST=1469531839,1469531757][/DOUBLEPOST]
Hello, do you have skype or an email where we can continue on privately? Thanks

Of course SamuelBrice my email is djolly95@gmail.com
 
This sounds and looks like a scam to me. I hope the people who are responding to this are making sure to take care and not give personal information away to some guy on the internet claiming to be able to "help you grow your channel with my 20+ years experience in this industry" notice that he has not mentioned anything about himself not even the name of his company or any of his so-called"partners" . I will admit I don't have proof of any wrong doing but it smells fishy to me.

Hi Cyclonejack1988

This is not a scam, I appreciate your concern for other people and agree that there are a lot of people on the internet to be skeptical about. But, I am as genuine as they come, if you don't believe me you can search for me on LinkedIn (I have the same picture on there) and find my recommendations page (I don't think there is a greater testament of someone's credibility than genuine recommendations from other people)

I am currently building a website, which is in the development stages. I am a trained promotional marketing professional and have not been trained in building websites, so unfortunately it is taking me a bit longer to set this up and the branding of my business.

I am doing this because I have identified an opportunity for YouTubers and Gaming developers to improve awareness of their products based on the fact that 90% of gamers watch YouTube videos. I think it's a great idea and I am confident that it will benefit YouTubers and Gaming developers, and hopefully I will be able to make a living through it at some point.

Thanks

David
 
So then please be specific and don't dodge the question like you have done already in this thread.

Who exactly are you affiliated with? and why should anyone trust you? All of those things that you listed in the above reply can in fact be faked accounts can be created and most social media websites don't fact check the very image you have as your profile picture could just be a stock image you pulled off of Google and any "recommendations" you claim to have just could be alternate account you created or had friends of yours create.

Like I said in my original post I don't have proof of any of these things I just saw a problem that everyone was so easily buying it without questioning it at all.
If that offends you then that is unfortunate but I would rather offend someone than say nothing and possibly allow someone on this site who is just trying to grow their channel be taken by a scam.

Edit: I did check linkedin just now. There are about 10 men named David Jolly none of them have that picture unless you are going to say you are the one without a profile picture.....

Also checked for Dave Jolly in case you had used that instead of david.......still can't find you

One final thing before I leave this knowing I did my part if you are reading this and are still not sure then please go to google and search for "stock office worker image" ask yourself "does his profile picture look like these?" I wanted to show it myself but it won't let me post the link.
 
Last edited:
Hey David,
Well you have got quite a good proposition here. I am fine with doing reviews and gameplay(s). I am quite interested in these things and I feel good about doing reviews for dev.
PS I am myself a developer.
Regards
Ray

Hi RetroRay,

I am pleased you like my idea and It's interesting that you are both a developer and a YouTuber

It sounds as if you are interested in creating YouTube videos - would you also be interested in YouTubers helping to promote your games?

Dave
 
HAHA BUSTED! I just hope that none of you who responded to this post gave him/her any personal information or any footage (IF YOU DID GIVE HIM PERSONAL INFORMATION PLEASE BE SMART AND KEEP CLOSE EYE ON YOUR ACCOUNTS AND CHANGE PASSWORDS IF YOU EVEN THINK SOMEONE IS TRYING TO BREACH SECURITY). I am not sure what this person even hoped to gain with this scam beyond the chuckle value of the troll but you never know on the internet nowadays.

I think the fact that he has avoided responding to my post and the evidence I provided over 12 hours ago when he was responding to other posts within 10-15 minutes proves this is a scam. Be safe people don't get in the stranger's van who offers you candy!

After a brief search...

His name does seem to be David Jolly
Twitter: @davidmjolly

He is a digital marketing Executive at Greendog Media
Greendogmedia

Their office is located at Friar Gate Studios, Ford St, Derby DE1 1EE, United Kingdom

The phone number can also be found: 44 1332 258325

His Linkedin profile (where you can clearly see affiliates):
/jollyd

The information you requested is all here. I am not saying he is or is not a scammer. However he may just be a guy trying to market for a client...
 
HAHA BUSTED! I just hope that none of you who responded to this post gave him/her any personal information or any footage (IF YOU DID GIVE HIM PERSONAL INFORMATION PLEASE BE SMART AND KEEP CLOSE EYE ON YOUR ACCOUNTS AND CHANGE PASSWORDS IF YOU EVEN THINK SOMEONE IS TRYING TO BREACH SECURITY). I am not sure what this person even hoped to gain with this scam beyond the chuckle value of the troll but you never know on the internet nowadays.

I think the fact that he has avoided responding to my post and the evidence I provided over 12 hours ago when he was responding to other posts within 10-15 minutes proves this is a scam. Be safe people don't get in the stranger's van who offers you candy!

I have already responded to your post and proven my credibility. I have explained that I am in the process of building a website and told you where my LinkedIn account is with my recommendations. My name is David Jolly on LinkedIn, not Dave Jolly as you have claimed.

I am not willing to share my business partners details with you, for the same reason as I wouldn't ask for you or anyone else to share another persons details. But, I have shared my LinkedIn and Twitter details on a personal email with other people on this forum.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top