How to grow a large gaming channel.

I disagree but not completely.
Yes it is based a BIT on luck but not cometely.
He must have posted some very good content at the right time which made his channel grow.
Otherwise there are a lot of LoL channels who post regularly and still dont grt any traffic.

He must have posted something great and after getting traffic, he can continue pisting avg content once in a while to be active and still get a lot of views because of his sub count.
I have seen LoL channels with little to no effort put into them, with no commentary even on their video with millions of views monthly...

@uberdanger Do you recommend finding a "base" game like league or SC2 or COD to build from? Or just ******* yourself out until you get big enough to where you can use the gateway technique. Also for a channel my size. (19 subs and 580ish views) Do you think it would even be worth using a gateway vid or should i just wait and hope to grow?
-Thanks

*Edit, And of course just like anyone else. " Ermaghad you have 100k subs tell me how to improve." No but seriously i would enjoy abit of critique from someone of your status.

@uberdanger Do you recommend finding a "base" game like league or SC2 or COD to build from? Or just ******* yourself out until you get big enough to where you can use the gateway technique. Also for a channel my size. (19 subs and 580ish views) Do you think it would even be worth using a gateway vid or should i just wait and hope to grow?
-Thanks

*Edit, And of course just like anyone else. " Ermaghad you have 100k subs tell me how to improve." No but seriously i would enjoy abit of critique from someone of your status.
Well I would definately use social media to your advantage, if you make something you think a lot of people would like, my best advice is to get reddit frontpage (which is how I grew)[DOUBLEPOST=1382075896,1382075799][/DOUBLEPOST]
Guide is nice, but I doubt people get big nowadays unless they get that lucky spark to be honest. Gaming is oversaturated on YT unless you come with really something new in my opinion.
I agree entirely, my first point "content is paramount" especially theese days.[DOUBLEPOST=1382075970][/DOUBLEPOST]
I have seen LoL channels with little to no effort put into them, with no commentary even on their video with millions of views monthly...
People put effort into it, you just don't notice it.
content is paramount, which is why you aren't big on youtube
#shotsfired #nukesfired #veryinsult

Well I would definately use social media to your advantage, if you make something you think a lot of people would like, my best advice is to get reddit frontpage (which is how I grew)[DOUBLEPOST=1382075896,1382075799][/DOUBLEPOST]
I agree entirely, my first point "content is paramount" especially theese days.[DOUBLEPOST=1382075970][/DOUBLEPOST]
People put effort into it, you just don't notice it.
content is paramount, which is why you aren't big on youtube
#shotsfired #nukesfired #veryinsult
I don't even have a channel? haha

So I'm not wrong at all, you don't have good content, and therefor you don't have a big channel. I am still 100% accurate.
I mentor others to grow their channels, talent with alot more video views and a whole of alot more production than you have :)

Back