GUY ON YOUTUBE STOLE 43 OF MY VIDEOS!

People don't think like that, unfortunately. They think, "What's the fastest way with the least amount of effort I can accomplish xyz?"

Don't believe me? Just look at all the spam we get in our YT inboxes and comments under our videos. "Sure, I could go promote my videos through proper channels and build genuine relationships and viewers... but that takes time. It would be easier to spam thousands of inboxes and leave comments under hundreds of popular videos. Maybe I'll even beg a few dozen people for a shout out or sub4sub."

It makes me so angry sometimes. Makes me wanna punch a baby. I - like most of you - put an extraordinary amount of time into content creation while earning a relatively small amount to do it - just to have people beg, plead, cheat and steal to try to get ahead.[DOUBLEPOST=1383078583,1383078465][/DOUBLEPOST]
Wouldn't surprise me. Just like last time this happened and I was involved. All the videos stolen were taken from YTTalk users.[DOUBLEPOST=1383078735][/DOUBLEPOST]@Douglas MacKrell
@Vicboss
@Shlawoo
@YKmovies

Hi guys,

Last time I was involved in something like this, YouTube shut down the channel right away. But that's because everyone submitted a copyright infringement complaint right away. Hopefully you've all done that. It's been almost 24 hours and the channel is still up.

If not, here is the link to the form. You can enter up to a dozen of your videos with their original link and the link to the stolen video. Select user re-uploaded my entire video for each one:

youtube(dot)com/copyright_complaint_form
Yeah, I jumped on it right away.

Hopefully YT wakes up and takes it down soon![DOUBLEPOST=1383100068][/DOUBLEPOST]
Agreed.

Great. I tried to notify him by Twitter as well but didn't hear back.
I just noticed your Twitter message! Thank you for trying to reach out to me. It's been a crazy day of work, YT problems, and I just launched a new show on my second channel that's blowing up and I've been juggling work with that all evening.
 
I just reported him... What a douche.
Thank you!
Yeah, I jumped on it right away.

Hopefully YT wakes up and takes it down soon![DOUBLEPOST=1383100068][/DOUBLEPOST]
I just noticed your Twitter message! Thank you for trying to reach out to me. It's been a crazy day of work, YT problems, and I just launched a new show on my second channel that's blowing up and I've been juggling work with that all evening.
No worries. Just wanted to make sure you got the message.
 
This happened to me a month or so into being on YT. I reported him and the videos were removed...and then the trouble began. About 10 minutes after I recieved the email from YT that they had been removed I was deluged with dislikes, dozens on almost every video I had. It took quite a while for actual likes to overcome the dislikes and I wonder where I'd be today if it never happened.
 
This happened to me a month or so into being on YT. I reported him and the videos were removed...and then the trouble began. About 10 minutes after I recieved the email from YT that they had been removed I was deluged with dislikes, dozens on almost every video I had. It took quite a while for actual likes to overcome the dislikes and I wonder where I'd be today if it never happened.
I guess the good news is that from an engagement perspective, YouTube looks at likes and dislikes the same way - so maybe it actually helped you!

The other good news about this particular user is that he has no following and zero subscribers. So I doubt his ability to do much damage to our channels is very far-reaching.[DOUBLEPOST=1383154304,1383154244][/DOUBLEPOST]So, this is b******t.

I just got an email from YouTube notifying me that the videos I complained about had been taken down. Which they were. But that was a dozen out of almost 50! (The copyright complaint form only gave me 12 lines to complete)

This user's YouTube channel is still active (not taken down). Not sure what else to do. Anyone else affected by this have an update or any ideas in terms of what to do next?
 
Ugh, this is the second time this happened to me.

I counted 43 of my videos so farthat have been stolen / uploaded without permission to some loser's channel on YouTube. Last time something like this happened to me, the channel in question was targeting users on YTTalk. I don't know if this particular loser is doing the same thing. Might be worth checking out.

/user/palinomacini/videos

I'm going to report his account right now. I recommend y'all check out this channel and do the same if he stole any of your videos.
So can we kill this with fire?
 
What's the point of stealing a vlog? It really doesn't make any sense whatsoever. -___- @Brent Blogs any updates?
My only update is the one from 29 minutes ago. Sent email back to YouTube (copyright@) explaining the situation. Hoping as more of the complaints get resolved from other users that YouTube will shut down the channel for too many copyright strikes.
So, this is b******t.

I just got an email from YouTube notifying me that the videos I complained about had been taken down. Which they were. But that was a dozen out of almost 50! (The copyright complaint form only gave me 12 lines to complete)

This user's YouTube channel is still active (not taken down). Not sure what else to do. Anyone else affected by this have an update or any ideas in terms of what to do next?
 
Ugh, this is the second time this happened to me.

I counted 43 of my videos so farthat have been stolen / uploaded without permission to some loser's channel on YouTube. Last time something like this happened to me, the channel in question was targeting users on YTTalk. I don't know if this particular loser is doing the same thing. Might be worth checking out.

/user/palinomacini/videos

I'm going to report his account right now. I recommend y'all check out this channel and do the same if he stole any of your videos.
A loser stole my video too. I reported him. His account were shout down. I was a little happy boy again. :)
 
Back
Top