Best way to live stream to YouTube? (Adobe or Wirecast)

Andrew Flint

Adobe Certified Associate & Post Student
I'm currently looking into my options for live streaming to YouTube as I've just been un-suspended (luckily) from twitch because my content isn't allowed on there as I want to stream a private server of a game. not the real game. Which they don't allow. Although the person I spoke to was very understanding and un-suspended me!

So when it comes to live streaming to youtube the 2 ways seem to be Adobe Media Encoder or Wirecast for youtube. Now I'm not sure which one to use?

I already no know to set up AFME because I use that for twitch, but it wirecast better? It seems to let you add a stream delay so that you have a buffer to work with which I hear can allow you to have longer to upload the live content meaning if you have slower internet you can still have good quality livestreams. So I'm looking into the options of wirecast. But! the free youtube version only lets you have 1 input so I'm wondering if this means I can only have my screen showing because I was thinking about having a face-cam on this stream.

So anyways.. which do you think will be best? or should I just try both and see?
 
OBS works just fine.

Bear in mind youtube really isn't that great, the quality is terrible, there is a really big stream delay and people have to type a captcha every 3 messages. Also the message box is tiny, not resizeable, and no one can post links, even yourself.
 
I use OBS to live stream to YouTube and twitch, it is superior to any other program I have tried. Check it out, you won't be disappointed
 
OBS works just fine.

Bear in mind youtube really isn't that great, the quality is terrible, there is a really big stream delay and people have to type a captcha every 3 messages. Also the message box is tiny, not resizeable, and no one can post links, even yourself.
I use OBS to live stream to YouTube and twitch, it is superior to any other program I have tried. Check it out, you won't be disappointed
OBS isn't compatible with Mac.
OBS Studio will be, but that's not finished yet.

I've chosen Wirecast for my livestream software, seems to be the best available for Mac and it's got so many features!
 
OBS isn't compatible with Mac.
OBS Studio will be, but that's not finished yet.

I've chosen Wirecast for my livestream software, seems to be the best available for Mac and it's got so many features!
Oh I apologize as I did not know that. When it does come available check it out!
 
Oh I apologize as I did not know that. When it does come available check it out!
They don't have a release date yet, but it's going to be awesome. It's OBS with all it's bugs and problems fixed, cleaner code and it will be available on Linux, Windows and Mac!
 
I use "Wirecast for youtube" to stream to youtube because i was never able to use OBS.
If i was you i would go with Wirecast because it way easyer to setup and the delay was only about 1 minute on my stream.
but the chose is up to you.
 
Back
Top