FamBamVlogs
Family Daily Vlogger
So about a month ago I got sucked into the free upgrade from Apple to upgrade to the new OS Mavericks for free. I read the reviews and seemed like everyone loved it. After about 1 week of Mavericks our Macbook Pro crashed and finally ended up rebooting. It turned on and there was nothing...the HD was corrupted and the OS was gone. I finally had to partition the HD, wipe the HD, and then reinstall the OS from the web. The Macbook Pro was alive and working, but I was having so many issues with the updated iMovie. It kept crashing and I would have to edit our 10min long daily vlogs like 2-3 times in 1 night. You can see how this would become overwhelming and cause problems for us. I was really wanting my iLife 11' back and iMovie 11'...well, after talking with Apple support and them telling me that there was no way to 'downgrade' back to Mountain Lion and get iLife 11'/ iMovie 11' back; I was motivated to make it happen!! I ended up downloading iLife 11' to my Macbook Pro and installing it onto my current OS Mavericks...my lucky stars it worked!! I got iMovie 11' back and all the essentials of iLife 11'. The only issue I ran into was that iPhoto 11' didn't work, but iPhoto (Mavericks) works perfect and have had no issues.
Main issues I have with Mavericks iMovie is:
- Crashing while editing (main problem)
- Can't export the edited iMovie file to the desktop as a .mov file
- Sound and Quality was downgraded when uploading it to YouTube through iMovie
I am thankful to have my iMovie 11' back and if anyone has any issues like this or wants to get back to iMovie 11' just let me know and I can make you a step by step...
Hope you all have a wonderful day and thanks for reading!!
Main issues I have with Mavericks iMovie is:
- Crashing while editing (main problem)
- Can't export the edited iMovie file to the desktop as a .mov file
- Sound and Quality was downgraded when uploading it to YouTube through iMovie
I am thankful to have my iMovie 11' back and if anyone has any issues like this or wants to get back to iMovie 11' just let me know and I can make you a step by step...
Hope you all have a wonderful day and thanks for reading!!